Monday, June 8, 2009

Little Roper in the makin'!

Well, I don't guess he has much of a choice but he seems to like the horses so far! He calls them "Hahh". Which also sounds much like what he calls a hat. But WE know what he is sayin':) After I gave my lessons Saturday, I let my little cowboy ride a little while. He seemed quite pleased with himself and the horse...that was untill Streaker shook. Horses will shake sometimes and it takes ya by surprise! So, the ride was cut short but overall a good experience for our future roper! Justin just looks at me & shakes his head when I say that:)

So, what else would a little cowboy want on a hot Texas day? A snowcone of course! So Canaan & I went to the BEST snowcone stand around...I say that because my best friend owns it;) This was his very 1st snowcone. I know I know, I don't let him have many sweets, but I figured he needed one! Don't think he liked it at first because he spit it out, but after testing it a few more times, he ate 4 or 5 bites.


One last thing, I forgot to mention the night before, he ate Miracle Grow potting soil! Woops! Justin and I were outside planting some things in new pots and I was using that little shovel thing. I sat it down and Canaan went right for it as usual. I figured he would just try and dig with it but nooo, why dig when you can eat? He scraped off what dirt was left on the shovel and just shoved it in his little mouth. He didn't eat much but I had to call poison control to confirm he was going to be OK. They said to just water him and he'd be fine. Think he grew a little too! Little stinker:) And yes, he even said "cheesh" and gave a big smile to have his picture takin of the leftovers.

No comments: