Wednesday, June 24, 2009

A quick update!

Nothing too exciting going on right now but had to keep this thing updated so...
There are so many new things that Canaan is doing! I can't believe the things he does sometimes, he amazes me. Like yesterday, his Dada was showing him a book & Canaan pointed to the chicken and said "chee-ken". It was so darn cute! He then proceeded to talk like a chicken. He is just so smart, he climbs up on everything too. I came in the computer room the other day and there he was, sitting in the chair at the computer;)


He is starting to try to help me clean things up too, like if he spills water on the floor, he tries to wipe it up! As we all know, I am part maid and I get enjoyment out of cleaning and organizing so I am trying my best NOT to put that on Canaan. I'm just trying to teach him that cleaning up after ourselves is something that we should all do;)
Let's see, we have been at the barn a lot lately doing riding lessons & Canaan is getting his time on the ponies! He is getting a little more confident & tries to hold the reins. He even touches the horse now! Ha ha, he wouldn't at first.



His little hand is healing well & it's almost to the point where I shouldn't have to wrap it up all day. Although, he likes the wrap, it makes him feel better for some reason:) Canaan & I have got to spend a lot of time with our dear friends Jess & Ava lately. Ava & Canaan are the same age, just 1 week a part exactly. Both born on Thursdays early in the am! They have such a great time playing & I hope that they grow up to be the best of friends. Ava's momma, Jessica, is like the sweetest lady ever! I'm very lucky to have her as a friend. She helps me out whenever I need her to. Just the other day, she watched Canaan so I could go do one of our sign routes. Nice to have friends like that! We went to the the water park last week and walked the lazy river & tried to keep teaching the babies how to swim! He & Ava even went down a little kids slide in the kids area! All by themselves too! It was pretty big, one of those tube kind and they went down like little rockets and went under water & everything! Yay for babies that try things, even if it's a little scary;)

Eating his big boy sandwich at the Water Park!

Ava & Canaan Luke playing at the house after swimming

I guess I should change the title of this post to A Long Update! I just wanted to get it all in this one! On a happy note, Canaan is drinking his milk from other types of cups now. He was super picky about which cup milk should come out of. I still give him the 1 bottle at night, but that's more for my pleasure;) He is in love with his "pap", paci, but it's not aloud to leave to crib! Just night time and naps, but that's about to change! The "pap" is going bye bye at 1 1/2 yrs old. Guess that is all for now, sorry it's all kinda random!
Oh & a BIG thanks to Tara, my lovely cousin, for creating this blog for me. I love it, thanks!

No comments: