Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Big Boo Boo!

Canaan Luke had his first trip to the ER yesterday evening:( Justin had brought the 4 wheeler home for he and Canaan to ride because Canaan thinks it is possibly the BEST toy ever! But, it's NOT a toy & he thought it was. They had just ridden it back behind the house & brought it back up in the garage so the exhaust pipe on the back was extremely HOT! I was watering plants right outside the garage and Justin was dumping out the trash can when we turned around to see Canaan crying with his hands out in front of him. It was horrible, I never knew how sad I would be when my baby hurt himself like that. He just reached up and grabbed the pipe and it gave him 2nd degree burns on his hand. Got both hands but one is ok. So, I know accidents happen & you can't watch them 24/7 but we should have known...I just feel so bad for him. Normally I watch him like a hawk in the garage but all it took was a couple seconds of NOT looking.
The ER staff was so great! They got us back pretty quick & got him all fixed up in no time. He just has to wear the bandage around his hand for about a week and 1/2 or so. They gave him all sorts of stuff too, like applesauce & pudding! Yummm, he liked that! So, that was our baby's first ER visit at 16 months...he takes after his Daddy;)

1 comment:

The Peek Family said...

Poor Canaan! I hope his hand heals quickly. And yes, there will be many accidents that happen. We can't prevent them all.

Also, I am still working on getting the rest of your blog finished. Sorry I haven't done it yet!